Social Media Guidelines
Guidelines for Community Engagement when using our social network sites are listed below.
To ensure exchanges that are productive, informative, respectful of diverse viewpoints and lawful, all comments must NOT contain or be:
- Off Topic. We will exclude comments not related to the subject of the conversation. If you have a question to ask on a different topic, please contact us via email. It is always best to start with the person most involved with your topic (classroom teacher, building principal, etc.). If you are unsure who to contact, please email us.
- Spam. Comments focused on selling a product or service, or comments posted for a purpose of driving traffic to a particular website for personal, political, or monetary gain, will be excluded.
- Personal Attacks. If you disagree with the content, we'd like to hear from you, but ask that you refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others. Malicious intent and or participation not in the spirit of civil conversation will be excluded.
- Offensive Language. Comments including but not limited to, profane or provocative language will be excluded (which means that hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, threats, obscene or sexually explicit language will not be tolerated).
- Inappropriate Content/Inflammatory. Please remember Ulster BOCES is a place of education and comments should not be inflammatory. Everyone does not have to agree, but everyone does have to express their disagreement in a polite and civilized manner that will not incite unproductive or disruptive arguments.
- Private or Confidential Information. Please do not provide any specific details or other personal information, such as your child’s name. If you have immediate needs, please contact your child’s Building Principal.
- Illegal. Laws that govern use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc., will be followed. Contact the Copyright Office.
Please note that we cannot accept comments from individuals who are under the age of 13.
Ulster BOCES reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion. The most current guidelines will be available to you online.
All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of Ulster BOCES unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative) or by a subject matter identified as an expert responding on behalf of Ulster BOCES.
Do you work for Ulster BOCES? Please remember that even if you are responding while at home, as an employee of Ulster BOCES your comments should always be professional and be a positive reflection on Ulster BOCES. If we feel the nature of your comment is confidential, shares information not generally available, or recommends an action that could adversely affect our students or staff, we reserve the right to remove your comment.
Loading from YouTube...
Loading from Facebook...