Highland CSD Superintendent Search
The Board of Education of the Highland Central School District is pleased to invite candidates to submit applications for the position of Superintendent of Schools. The Board plans to act on an appointment in sufficient time for the successful applicant to assume the superintendency during the month of February.
The Board is being assisted in the search process by Dr. Charles V. Khoury, District Superintendent of Ulster BOCES, the Sole Supervisory District of Ulster County. The Board will make all decisions concerning the selection process, the evaluation of candidates, and the final appointment.
College and university placement offices, state and national officials, and practicing Superintendents of Schools are invited to nominate qualified candidates for this position. Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit a letter of interest, an application form, and their professional credentials online.
To be given full consideration, all application materials should be on file by October 27, 2017. Dr. Khoury and the Highland Board will begin to review application folders upon receipt.
Please do not contact members of the Highland Central School District Board of Education or its administrators for information. All inquiries should be directed via email to Dr. Charles Khoury. Please use Highland Search in the subject field.
Letters of interest, resumes, completed application forms, and professional credentials should be submitted online.
All communications will be handled through the Office of the Ulster BOCES District Superintendent. Following the initial screening, selected candidates will be invited to meet with the Highland Central School District Board of Education. Visitations to home districts of the final candidates(s) may be conducted to gather further information on performance, working relationships, and leadership style.
HCSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Board of Education is seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and experienced educational leader who is committed to maintaining and encouraging a climate of excellence for students, faculty, and the community. Among the exemplary personal and professional qualities the candidate should possess are the following:
- Educational leadership, vision for the future, the ability to think inventively, and commitment to the continuous development and implementation of well-planned and evaluated academic programs.
- Demonstrated management ability.
- Skilled in the application of financial procedures, education law, school management operations and planning procedures, negotiations, educational technology, and capital projects.
- Strong human relations and leadership skills to interact effectively with students, school staff, Board members, community members, and the media.
- Strong effective communication and presentation skills.
- Commitment to be a public advocate for the children of the District.
- Knowledge of, and active involvement in, evaluating procedures, including staff development, staff evaluation, curriculum development, and all discipline areas.
- Problem-solving skills in both individual and group settings.
- Desire to become an integral part of the Highland community, including having a highly visible profile and becoming an active participant in community-related groups and activities. Residence in the surrounding area is encouraged.
- Active involvement in the total educational program, recognizing the unique school-community relationship that exists in a community such as Highland.
- Ability to implement the Next Generation Learning Standards, as well as innovative programs and curricula for a diverse approach to learning.
- Hold or be eligible for New York State School District Administrator certification.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Central Office Administrator (Superintendent experience is preferred).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Board of Education expects to offer a three-year contract with an initial salary range of $160,000 to $185,000 based on the experience and training of the successful candidate.
October 27, 2017
To be given full consideration, all application materials should be on file by the initial deadline of October 27, 2017. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Dr. Khoury and the Highland Board of Education will begin to review application folders upon receipt.
November 13, 2017
Anticipated start of interviewing. Community stakeholder groups will be invited to meet with round two candidates during the week of November 27, 2017. Final interviews are anticipated to be held the week of December 4, 2018.
December 19, 2017
The Board hopes to offer the successful candidate the position before winter recess (on or about December 19), with the hope he or she can assume duties sometime in February.