School Business Director
AMANDA STOKES serves as School Business Director for Ulster BOCES. Appointed in 2022, Ms. Stokes is responsible for the overall organization and general administration of the Business Office and Personnel staff and programs, as well as Management Services Co-Sers offered to local districts. The following are some of her responsibilities:
- Supervises directly all business and personnel staff and functions within the BOCES; directs and supervises the Transportation Department.
- Directs and supervises the operation, maintenance, renovation, and/or construction of all Ulster BOCES sites.
- Directs and supervises Management Services for component districts.
- Assists the District Superintendent and Deputy Superintendent in labor relations and collective bargaining matters, the interpretation of Commissioner's Regulations, Board policies, administrative regulations, and directives of the District Superintendent and where appropriate, Deputy Superintendent.
- Assists the District Superintendent and Deputy Superintendent in coordinating staff work in preparation of Board meeting agendas.
- Prepares and administers the Ulster BOCES budget, supervises the cooperative service development process, assists in the preparation of the Annual Report, and assists in the presentation of such proposals at budget meetings and other forums.
- Supervises the registration and voting procedures for referenda.
- Plans and administers an efficient system of recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating all classified staff and assists the Deputy Superintendent to implement similar programs for all certified personnel.
- Assumes a leadership position in the county for the development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of non-instructional programs and classified staff development programs.
- Chairs and coordinates Ulster County School Business Officials Council.
- Designs new non-instructional programs based upon County needs.
- Assumes responsibility for the supervision and quality of all non-instructional and support programs, including but not limited to: purchasing, maintenance of account records, competitive bidding, insurance investments, payroll preparation, internal and independent audits, employee benefit programs, and food services.
- Works with his/her counterparts in other BOCES to explore possible collaborative efforts.
- Responds to requests from the State Education Department, with the approval of the District Superintendent, for information, meetings and other concerns.
School Business Director
175 Route 32 North
New Paltz, NY 12561
phone: 845.255.1400 ext. 1215