Dr. jonah schenker serves as Deputy Superintendent of Ulster BOCES. Appointed by the Ulster BOCES Board of Education in 2017, Dr. Schenker works closely with District Superintendent Charles Khoury, and serves as Acting Chief Executive Officer in his absence.
Following are some of the responsibilities of Dr. Schenker as he works with Dr. Khoury and his administrative team to provide leadership towards the fulfillment of the BOCES mission.
- Assist the District Superintendent in labor relations and collective bargaining matters.
- Assist the Superintendent to interpret and clarify Education Law, Commissioner’s Regulations, and other policies affecting education in this region.
- Assist in coordinating staff work in preparation of board meeting agendas and monthly program reports.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of the BOCES budget, Annual Report and collection of data for the annual performance portfolio; assists in the presentation of such proposals at budget meetings and in other forums.
- Assist the District Superintendent in coordinating with local school superintendents and other school officials concerning BOCES programs and services.
- Plans and administers an efficient system of recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating all certified employees.
- Assist in the development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of instructional programs, staff development programs, and curriculum development throughout the county.
- Chair and coordinates county instructional advisory council, conducts needs assessment in county with component school districts, and designs new programs based on needs.
- Maintain quality of instruction in all BOCES student programs with an emphasis on pedagogy, curriculum, and improved student performance.
- Serve as a member of the Mid-Hudson Regional Information Center’s Advisory Council.
- Work to explore collaborative efforts with other BOCES.
- Serve as a member of the District Superintendent’s team conducting school registration reviews (SURR).
- Respond to requests for information from the State Education Department.
- Assist in the Business Office, personnel, and Mid-Hudson Regional Information Center functions within the BOCES.
Dr. Jonah Schenker
175 Route 32 North
New Paltz, NY 12561