Chief Emergency Officer Job Description
Ulster County BOCES
POSITION: Chief Emergency Officer
REPORTS TO: District Superintendent or designee
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time - 12 Months
The Chief Emergency Officer is responsible for ensuring that the District-Wide School Safety Plan is updated annually, that its contents are understood by staff, and coordinates with first responders.
- The Chief Emergency Officer shall be NIMS 700 (National Incident Management System) and ICS 100 (Incident Command System) trained. Coordinates the communication between school staff, law enforcement, and other first responders.
- Leads the efforts of the District-wide School Safety Team in the completion and yearly update of the District-wide School Safety Plan and the coordination of the District-wide School Safety Plan with the Building Level Emergency Response Plans.
- Ensures that all requirements are included in the School Safety Plan and files certification with the State Education Department and other required entities after the plan is adopted by the Board of Education.
- Ensures completion and yearly updates of the Building Level Emergency Response Plan for each school building, by the dates designated by the Commissioner.
- Develops materials and trainings to ensure the all Ulster BOCES staff members are trained and understand the School Safety Plan.
- Coordinates appropriate safety, security, and emergency training for all Ulster BOCES staff members, including required training for the Emergency Response Plan.
- Upon completion of staff trainings, sends certification to the State Education Department, as required.
- Assists in the selection of security related technology and development of procedures for the use of such technology.
- Ensures that the required evacuation and lock-down drills are conducted in all Ulster BOCES buildings, as required by Education Law § 807.
- All other duties as assigned by the District Superintendent or designee.
approved: October 30, 2019