New Administrator Program
Presented by Educator Edge at Ulster BOCES in collaboration with the Mid Hudson Leadership Institute
New Administrators Programming & Supports
We begin this impactful series in December by focusing on establishing community together.
Purpose of New Administrators Program:
To build a community of colleagues all working on common leadership challenges in a supportive space. We will develop new leaders' capacity to promote student learning outcomes that ultimately improve schooling on behalf of students in the MidHudson region.
Participant Learning Outcomes:
- Understand and assess leadership skills; develop and create a plan for growth
- Understand and practice the role of a public learner
- Understand the process of and be able to assess the current state of schools or programs (multiple data points, including culture and climate)
- Understand the different types of data available and what each illustrates about the school or program
- Know the different skill sets needed to successfully organize for special events such as parent conferences.
- Understand and assess staff's instructional capacity and leverage for school improvement
- Understand the basics of systems thinking as an analytical anchor for thinking
- Practice and get feedback on different communication skills necessary to be successful
- Attend to self and others with intentional care
12/7, 2/15, 3/8, 4/6
8:30 AM – 3:30 PM EST
Cost of Program:
(Must be a MHLI participant. To join MHLI, contact Barbara Tischler Hastie)
$3,000 per participant, includes four hours of executive coaching. Lunch will be provided at each in-person session.
JANE BULLOWA CONFERENCE CENTER
175 Route 32 North
New Paltz, NY 12561
Barbara Tischler-Hastie, Supervisor of School Development • Phone: 845-255-1402 x1374
Peter Harris, Director of Learning and Design for the Career Pathways Programs • Phone: (845) 255-1400 x1234