Literacy as a Human Right
Literacy is a gatekeeper. We must be considering an expanded definition of literacy to allow all of our students a viable pathway to their future. Focus will be on:
- Literacy as a means of identification, understanding, interpretation, creation, and communication in an increasingly digital, text-mediated, information-rich, and fast-changing world.
- Literacy as Identity Affirming
- Literacy as Community Building
- Literacy as Justice Work
- Equity for ELLs: Working with Refugee Students (Two-part Series)
- Let's Get Graphic!
- 22nd Annual Children's & Teen's Literature Conference featuring author/illustrator Raul Colon
- The Literacy Classroom: Organizing Your Space to Support Reading and Writing
- New Panel Innovation - Digital Wellness: Helping Students Navigate Fact vs. Fiction Online
- Webinar - What's in a Sentence? Supporting ELLs, MLLs, and All Learners with Equitable Writing Strategies