Transportation Safety, Certification & Training
Ulster BOCES transportation safety specialists are available to assist districts in efforts to comply with transportation requirements of the NYS Department of Education, Department of Transportation, and Motor Vehicle Department. The basic service includes:
- State Education Department Mandated Basic Courses of Instruction for school bus drivers, monitors, and attendants.
- School Bus Safety Training and CPR Instruction* for school bus monitors and attendants serving students with disabling conditions.
Additionally, there are other transportation services that support operations and training** such as:
- Pre-Service Courses
- Annual Driver Observations and Interviews
- Biennial Road and Written Tests
- Physical Performance Testing
Ulster BOCES also provides Professional Development Seminars** on topics for School Bus Driver/Monitor/Attendant, Head Bus Drivers, Transportation Supervisors/Administrators.
*There is an additional cost per attendee for the CPR instruction.
**A rate per participant is charged for the services and the Professional Development Seminars.
175 Route 32 North
New Paltz, NY 12561
phone: 845.331.6680 x1622