Health & Safety
The health and safety of students and staff is the top priority when making the decision to physically reopen school campuses (in various models) for use by students, staff, and others. Ulster BOCES is working in collaboration with our local and state health officials in making the decision to safely reopen. In addition, we are committed to following CDC recommendations and guidelines, including but not limited to: face coverings, maintaining 6 feet of physical distance during school activities, and proper hygiene measures. Detailed protocols, safety checklists, and training are currently in development.
Our Health & Safety guidelines will cover:
- Prevention & Education
- Access protocols
- Cleaning & Hygiene
- Physical/Social distancing
- Monitoring of Health factors
- Handling of Covid-19 cases
Additional Health & Safety factors being reviewed:
- Air circulation
- High-touch surfaces
- Instructional materials/supplies
- Restroom policies
- Traffic flow in buildings
- Protective equipment
- Classroom specific protocols
- Sanitizing schedule
How Might We (HMW) questions use a variety of creative approaches to develop generative, energizing questions used to drive a brainstorming process as our development continues. These Health & Safety HMW questions are the result of emerging themes from our Phase 1 feedback.
- HMW build trust that the health and safety standards will be taken seriously?
- HMW increase response time for resolving an issue?
- HMW help everyone learn what to expect when they return to school?
- HMW increase everyone’s knowledge of the science behind safety protocols?