Ulster BOCES statement: Ulster BOCES will maintain transparent communication with employees, students and families about health and safety plans, procedures, and pandemic updates.
Communication plans for:
- Individual student/bus possible contamination
- Go pro tutorials building entry
- Safety protocols for transportation
NYSDOH/CDC: protocol for isolation
- Any person identified will be isolated according to the isolation plan. The isolation plan will be shared with districts, employees, families, and students
- Parent pick up responsibilities
- Return to school
- Parents or Guardians will receive specific instructions of what documentation will be required for students to return to school after failed screening.
- Parents will receive specific guidance on how long a student will not be attending school - individual case by case
- Knowledge of a positive COVID report immediately to Ulster County Department of Health
- Along with all that were in contact or defined proximity and duration with infected person for contact tracing
Should a student test positive and/or scan with high temp
- Pre drafted instructions and steps to take to return to school provided to family
- Knowledge of a positive test - UCDOH notified immediately as per DOH guidelines
- Superintendent informed immediately (phone call - text, email)
- Building and district administrators will relay information to the component district administrators or the component district designee.
Communications between divisions when students are isolated
- District Superintendent or designee is notified by building principal.
- District Superintendent’s Office will communicate isolation events with all other divisions.
- Superintendent will be included in all COVID-19 related communications