Handwashing & Hygiene
Ulster BOCES statement: Ulster County BOCES will implement CDC, NYS and UC DOH recommendations and guidelines for scheduled hand-washing and personal hygiene throughout the school day in helping to mitigate COVID-19 transmission.
- Common spaces -will have supply of disinfecting wipes along with posters directions/instructions on how to disinfect the item before and after use of item
- Schedule for students and staff to follow to wash or disinfect hands shall be developed and followed at each student based program location.
- Reminders to wash or sanitize one’s hands shall be broadcast every two hours at each student based program.
- Posters and education to all employees and students about proper hand-washing techniques and/or frequency will be available and presented to all
- Every time a person enters a new space hands need to be sanitized
- Upon entering classrooms sanitize hands
- Tables with hand sanitizer and directions/instructions poster to be set up in strategic locations in buildings
- Custodial set up and maintain supply on each table
- Every 90 minutes wash or sanitize hands (employees and students)
- Sanitize or wash hands before touching your face
- School nurses shall present training on proper hand-washing and PPE use to employees. Teachers shall present the same to their students.
- Signs and posters with directions on proper hygiene shall be prominently displayed throughout all locations.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in each classroom and office area
- Hand sanitizer will be available in each common space or shared area including main entrances of all buildings
- Procedures and standards are universal for each facility.