Physical & Social Distancing
Ulster BOCES statement: Ulster BOCES will adhere to all CDC, NYS and UC DOH guidelines for social distancing in and outside of all buildings, on all campuses, and on all Ulster BOCES properties.
Maintain minimum of 6 feet social distancing on campus and in all buildings
- Signage will be prominently displayed to promote and remind social distancing.
- Stickers on the floor to remind students and staff of social distancing requirements while in any location and also in lines and queues.
- Where one way traffic is not possible direction markings (stickers) on the floor clearly marking boundaries and directions flow will be installed.
- Masks are to be worn at all times by staff and students except for those who have provided a written medical excuse to the school nurse.
- Brief mask breaks will be scheduled throughout the day
Excess classroom furniture will be removed prior to reopening
- Custodial and Maintenance Staff will move excess furniture and equipment to storage as needed.
- Coordination of moving furniture and equipment will be done by building administration and operations.
Square footage and maximum occupancy
- Maximum occupancy signs will be posted
- Teachers and administrators shall monitor room occupancy at or under maximum occupancy while maintaining social distancing according to DOH, SED, and CDC guidelines.
Students stay in as few rooms as possible throughout the day in the building - teachers rotate into classes where needed.
Outdoor classroom spaces used with administrative permission, as often as possible at all student based programs (weather permitting). Outdoor spaces can include:
- Cafeteria tables