Ulster BOCES statement: Ulster BOCES will provide safe and consistent transportation of students and staff while maintaining proper social distancing and PPE use as recommended by the NYSED, CDC, and NYS and UC DOH.
- Driver will wear masks with optional face shield while transporting students or employees
- Drivers may not have hand sanitizer on bus (fire hazard)
- All high contact spots must be wiped down after each run .
- Ulster BOCES school buses shall not be equipped with hand sanitizer due to its combustible composition and potential liability to the carrier or district.
- All transportation staff (drivers, monitors, attendants, mechanics and cleaners) will be trained and provided periodic refreshers on the proper use of personal protective equipment and the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- All transportation staff (drivers, monitors, attendants, mechanics and cleaners) will be trained and provided periodic refreshers on the proper use of social distancing.
- All transportation departments/carriers will need to provide Personal Protective Equipment such as masks and gloves for drivers, monitors and attendants in buses.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for all staff in their transportation locations such as dispatch offices, employee lunch/break rooms and/or bus garages.
- Drivers, monitors and attendants who must have direct physical contact with a child must wear gloves.
- All school bus drivers, monitors, attendants and mechanics shall perform a self-health assessment for symptoms of COVID 19 before beginning work.
- Students must wear a mask on a school bus if they are physically able.
- All buses will have windows and ceiling hatches open during transport to ensure proper fresh outside air exchange.
- Students who do not have a mask will NOT be denied transportation. They will be provided a mask to wear - they will be expected to wear it if they are able
- Students with a disability which would prevent them from wearing a mask will not be forced to do so or denied transportation. Maximum social distancing possible used in these cases
- Students to be trained and provided periodic reminders on the proper use of personal protective equipment and the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Students will be trained and provided periodic reminders on the proper use of social distancing.
- Reference the Outside Traffic Flow Page for other transportation details