Ensure all stakeholders are informed of critical decisions, changes to policies, and important Covid19 related events in a timely manner delivered using a variety of communication channels .
All Stakeholders will be notified regarding the following:
- Opening Plans -- posted on website, and communicated to students/parents via multiple communication channels
- Process by which families/caregivers can contact the school and teachers with questions about their instruction and/or technology
- Proper safety protocols for students such as hand hygiene, proper face covering wearing , social distancing, and respiratory hygiene
- The home health screening process
- The specific procedures that will be followed when a positive COVID-19 case emerges in our school community
- The specific procedures that will be used to clean .
- The procedures for schools to conduct all mandatory safety drills with modifications ensuring social distancing between persons.
- Student driving protocols
Channels of Communication:
- School Messenger recommended as the channel of communication (phone call, text, email)
- Ulster BOCES Website
- Mobile PIT Crew home visits (when needed)
- Building leadership, School Nurses,
- Beginning of school packet that is provided each student
- Online Training
- YouTube Live/Town Halls with DS and/or Principals - Organizational Wide - once before school, once during the first month of school, follow-up as needed
Making communication accessible:
- Letters will be created in student home languages
- Identify student home language and be prepared to translate communications into home languages
- Ensure staff are updated on the latest safety protocols so they can teach and set a good example for students
- Identify parents/guardians that are unable to access the Ulster BOCES website (eg: visual impairment, lack of access to internet, etc) and determine the best mode of communication