Deliver transparent, clear, consistent, proactive two-way communication and establish systems to deliver this information in a timely manner, to instill confidence and trust and ensure stakeholders are informed and remain connected. Stakeholders include: administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents/legal guardians of students, local health departments, local health care providers, union representatives, alumni, and the community. Reopening Plan, including the identification of the staff who were involved in creating the plan and who were engaged throughout the planning process.
Ulster BOCES will develop a designated section on the website in order to deliver transparent, clear, consistent, proactive communication in a timely manner, which instills confidence and ensure stakeholders are informed and remain connected.
The COVID-19 Section of the website will include the following resources:
Reopening Plan, including the identification of the staff who were involved in creating the plan and who were engaged throughout the planning process.
The Reopening Plan which will include information on the following areas
- Health and Safety Protocols
- Teaching, Learning & Educational Commitments
- Community and Communication, and
- Well Being and Support
Additional Resources also on the COVID-19 Section of the Website:
- A general statement of purpose about the COVID-19 section
- A library of training videos (including how to perform self-health check, procedures for entering the buildings, etc..)
- A video of “Day in a Life” of a student that would take a viewer through the routine, physical space and interactions one would experience during a typical day at each site. This may be filmed with GoPro. Must follow traffic flow pattern established by Health and Safety Team, including topics such as exiting busses, entrance, classroom experience, eating meals, using the restroom, getting water, dismissal
- Links to FAQ including questions and concerns parents may have regarding notifications, what we will communicate and how we will communicate it, and other questions that stakeholders may submit via a designated email address/website form.
- Links to useful community and governmental resources (CDC, NYSDOH, NYSED, UC DOH, NYS Governor Cuomo)
- Links to information about meal availability and Free Reduced Meal Application
- Mental Health Supports (Social-Emotional Wellbeing as a priority and anti-bias reinforcement)
- Link to an electronic form for updating BOCES about any Internet Access/device needs and a clear technology contact us section with multiple means of contacting for support -
- Content defining Quarantine versus Isolation