Increasing SEL Supports & Communication for Students & Families
Ulster BOCES will communicate to all stakeholders that social emotional well-being and learning are a priority. All members of the school community are committed to providing social and emotional learning and wellness supports.
Building level program teams will assess, revise, and improve plans to deliver supports and resources to students and families.
- Teams will create a list of reliable resources and supports, both internally and externally with the community. (ie: Covid-19 Health Resources, housing, and food supports) Create and publish Multi Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) plans and publish information informing families how to access both Ulster BOCES and Community Partners supports for families.
- Teams shall create systems to identify stakeholders (students, staff, families) in need of support. (ie: conversations, meetings, referrals)
- Teams shall provide individualized outreach to families explaining the supports/interventions plan and shall invite families to be part of both proactive and responsive supports including restorative meetings.
- In consultation with their building principals, Teams will develop systems for coordinating and dispatching the Outreach Team for home visits.
- Each student based site will create opportunities for staff, students, community members to tour buildings to experience safety protocols prior to in-person instruction beginning.