Dissemination of Information Regarding Available Grant Opportunities [Base Service]
Through this Co-Ser, districts receive information regarding grant opportunities for which districts, schools, teachers, and students may wish to apply. The grant coordinator works with district staff to identify their needs and goals in order to research and customize notifications of corresponding funding opportunities on a year-round basis, giving the district more time to prepare for applications. The coordinator will also evaluate grants and the suitability of grant opportunities that districts may identify.
The fee for this service is on an annual basis.
Writing and Submission of Grant Proposals [Extension]
The grant coordinator and staff will partner with participating school districts in the development and timely submission of well-prepared competitive or allocated grant proposals. Services may include any or all of the following components:
- Coordinate with district staff to identify and/or develop a program or project that meets the needs of the district and satisfies the elements set forth by the funding agency and the grant solicitation.
- Gather research and documentation to substantiate the need for the grant program or project.
- Collect research to validate the effectiveness of selected scientific or evidenced-based practices to be used in the grant program or project.
- Identify, draft, and solicit appropriate and often required letters of support.
- Facilitate meetings with potential collaborators (e.g., other educational agencies, community agencies, faith-based groups, businesses) to determine common goals and objectives and to identify partners’ individual roles in grant program or project.
- Assist with Minority and Woman Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) and similar purchasing requirements in grant applications.
- Prepare and assist with grant elements, as required, including but not limited to: narrative, timeline, budgets, bibliographies, and attachments such as tables and charts.
- Help with registration and submission of electronic proposals when required.
- Assist with budget amendments, as well as annual budgets for multi-year grants.
- Review and make revision recommendations on grant applications, both prior to submission and when funder requests and/or requires modifications after submission.
- Provide guidance, feedback, and assistance on reporting elements required for awarded grants.
- Review feedback provided on rejected grant proposals, if available, and identify ways for improving future grant submissions to increase likelihood of success.
175 Route 32 North
New Paltz, NY 12561
phone: 845.255.1400 x1261