Council on Occupational Education
ULSTER BOCES POST-SECONDARY ADULT EDUCATION PROGRAMS ARE ACCREDITED THROUGH THE COUNCIL ON OCCUPATIONAL EDUCATION
Ulster Adult Career Education Center offers dynamic training opportunities in in-demand occupations. Our nationally accredited training is designed to be hands-on, work-oriented, and lead to gainful employment in your chosen career path.
LET US HELP YOU FUND YOUR NEW CAREER TRAINING!
Council on Occupational Education accredited programs include:
Federal student loan and grant programs may be available for Title IV approved* programs. This aid may assist students and families with resources to meet the necessary costs which include tuition, fees, books, supplies, personal needs, transportation, and miscellaneous expenses.
- Pell Grants (a Federal entitlement program)
- Federal Student Loans (low-interest loans guaranteed by the Federal Government)
- 0% interest Payment Plans (for remaining balances, negotiated to cover balances after aid is applied)
For additional information on financial aid call us at 845.331.5050 x2218, or email our Financial Aid office.
Career Admissions Requirements
- Either attend an Orientation Session, or call us at 845.331.5050 or 845.331.0902 to schedule an orientation appointment.
- Complete Prerequisites: Application/Admissions paperwork and Entry Assessment examination as required by specific programs.
Refunds due to students are transacted within 45 days.
- After the planned start date, for those who do not begin program.
- From the last day of attendance, if formal notification was provided.
- From the date the institution terminates or determines withdrawal by the student
When refunds are due they are processed automatically. Payments originally made by credit card will be refunded directly back to the card. For cash and check payments, refunds are issued by check. Refund amounts are based on the following conditions:
- If Ulster BOCES cancels a class, 100% of the deposit fee and tuition will be refunded.
- If a student opts not to begin classes or withdraws on the first day of class, 100% of any tuition paid will be refunded, and not more than $100 of the deposit will be retained.
- 90% of tuition is refunded if the student withdraws after the first day of class through the first 10% of the enrollment period. All fees are retained by Ulster BOCES.
- 50% of tuition is refunded if the student withdraws after the first 10% and before 25% of the enrollment period has elapsed. All fees are retained by Ulster BOCES.
- 25% of tuition is refunded if the student withdraws after the first 25% and before 50% of the enrollment period has elapsed. All fees are retained by Ulster BOCES.
- After 50% of the enrollment period passes, Ulster BOCES will retain all monies received.
REFUNDS FOR STUDENTS FUNDED BY TITLE IV FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID
A Return of Title IV Funds withdrawal calculation is completed within 30 days from the date the school determines the student withdrew as mandated by Federal law. Federal aid earned and/or to be returned is determined by use of the ‘Treatment of Title IV Funds when a Student Withdraws from a Clock-hour Program, which is completed by the Financial Aid Office. Students are notified in writing of the results. A copy of the form is available upon request.