A program for New York State Licensing
Become an artist on the “cutting” edge of trends, and learn how to transform a customer’s style from modest to marvelous! A cosmetologist is more than just a hairstylist. Cosmetology is the broadest and most all-encompassing of the beauty disciplines, covering hair, nails, makeup, waxing and skin care all in one program. At the Ulster Adult Career Education Center, our Cosmetology Program provides you with instruction in a professional lab setting, where you will learn and practice techniques expected of a professional cosmetologist. Under the guidance of our experienced instructors, you will enjoy hands-on practice on manikins and fellow classmates, plus participate in weekly public clinical sessions. Our 1,000-hour program prepares you for NYS licensing and offers you the opportunity to learn the essential skills necessary to be successful in today’s fast paced, modern salon setting. Make your dreams a reality by calling 845. 331.5050, ext. 2209 to schedule an admissions interview with facility tour today!
Enrollment agreements are negotiated by appointment only.
Admissions appointments and financial commitments must be scheduled two weeks prior to the anticipated cohort start date.
- Submission of a completed application paperwork
- Successful completion of admission exam (Test of Adult Basic Education - results greater than 7.9)
- Successful completion of the interview process with payment of the $250 seat deposit and $700 required kit.
- Negotiation of Student Payment Plan (please note that financial aid is not approved for the adult cosmetology program)
- Student Payment Plans are negotiated by appointment only, scheduled prior to February 5, 2019.
Meet the Full-Time Faculty Members:
- Jeannette Bonici, Licensed Cosmetologist, Certificate VTP, SUNY Oswego May 2006
- Donna Davidson, Licensed Cosmetologist, 15 Credits VTP, SUNY Oswego (Substitute)
- Maria LoVullo DeCicco (Substitute)
- Jean Marie Sangi, Licensed Cosmetologist, 6 Credits VTP, SUNY Oswego
VTP = Vocational Teacher Preparation
This program is accredited through the Council on Occupational Education
7840 Roswell Rd., Building 300, Suite 325 Atlanta, GA 30350Telephone (Toll-Free): 800-917-2081
Join our Spring 2019 Cohort, classes starting February 19, 2019
Spring 2018 Tuition: $8,828 plus $700 for textbook, kit & supplies
Zero-interest payment plans may be available for negotiation by appointment.
Monday – Thursday
3:00 – 9:30 PM (including ½ hour dinner break between 6-6:30PM)
Monday – Thursday
6:30 – 9:30 PM
Interested applicants should call 845.331.5050 to schedule an admissions appointment.
Adult Career Education Center Main Campus
Route 9W, PO Box 601
Port Ewen, NY 12466
Phone: 845.331.5050 x2209