Financial Aid Appointment Checklist
Complete the following prior to your appointment:
1. Financial Aid Information Session
2. FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION SESSION FORMS
- Print & complete session forms to bring to your appointment
- Forms are located here
- Financial Aid Information Session Acknowledgement & Tuition Statement
- If you cannot print – you will be required to complete the forms at your appointment
3. FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA) online at fafsa.gov
- Complete at least one (1) week prior to your appointment
- Ulster BOCES school code for the FAFSA is 014773
- Non-federal aid applicants will be required to complete a Payment Plan for the full tuition
4. LOAN AGREEMENT FOR A SUBSIDIZED/UNSUBSIDIZED LOAN (MPN) online at studentloans.gov
- Required for all federal student loan borrowers – if not borrowing do not complete
- Non-borrowers will be required to complete a Payment Plan for their tuition balance
5. DIRECT LOAN ENTRANCE COUNSELING online at studentloans.gov
- Required for all first-time direct loan borrowers and applicants who have not borrowed since 2011
Come prepared for you appointment!
- Appointments will be held at the Lake Katrine campus, 727 Grant Avenue, Lake Katrine, NY 12449
- Allow up to one hour for your appointment, though less time may be needed
- Be on time as appointments are scheduled back to back
- Bring your FSA User ID and Password with you for logging on to websites
- Bring a copy of your 2016 tax return or transcript, if married and filed married-separate, bring for both
- Dependent students bring copies of both your, and your parent(s) 2016 tax return(s) or transcripts
- Dependent students are encouraged to bring a parent to the appointment
- If you received a verification letter and worksheets from the school – bring with requested documents
- If you cannot attend – or will be more than 15 minutes late – please call or email to reschedule.
- DO NOT come unprepared – you will be required to reschedule!
Your financial aid appointment:
- We will review your FAFSA, Financial Aid eligibility, Loans, Payment Plans, Funding, etc.
- We will complete and review a FINANCIAL PLAN for your program of study
- We will review and complete required school and/or federal forms
- You will have an opportunity to ask questions and seek assistance as needed