Ulster BOCES Practical Nursing program is 1,200 hours of classroom and clinical instruction. Students are educated to take the NCLEX (National Council Licensure Exam).
An LPN provides bedside care of patients and performs a variety of other nursing duties. They work under direct supervision of Registered Nurses (RNs) and physicians. LPNs assume the responsibilities of:
- taking vital signs;
- observing patients and seeing to their comfort;
- collecting specimens for laboratory tests;
- administering medications;
- dressing wounds;
- starting IVs;
- supervising nursing aides or assistants (in some cases).
Pass rates for all nursing programs are posted on the Office of the Professions/Nursing website. These rates are updated from the New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions/Nursing.
Many graduates are employed immediately. Others go on to colleges to pursue RN Associate or BSN degrees.
- Ulster BOCES Full-Time Practical Nursing Gainful Employment Program Disclosures
- Full-Time Practical Nursing Program Disclosures (Print Version)
Ulster BOCES Gainful Employment Program Disclosures include information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information.
Anticipated program hours are as follows:
Full time day: M-F, 8:30 am - 2:00 pm classroom. M-F, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm clinical.
Tuition is $14,493 and the program is eligible for Federal Student Aid and VA Approved.
Meet the Full-Time Faculty Members:
- Cheryl Scott, MSN, SUNY New Paltz
- Linda Seekamp, AAS, Ulster County Community College
- Dave Raffo, AS, Columbia Greene Community College
Fall 2019 Practical Nursing Program enrollment is now closed.
Adult Career Education Center Extension Campus
727 Grant Ave
Lake Katrine, New York 12477
For program or admission inquiries, please call: 845.331.0902