Refunds for Courses Under 100 Hours
REFUND POLICY – Courses Under 100 hours
Ulster BOCES Adult Education - Continuing Education courses include those which are under 100 hours in duration. A refund of tuition and fees may be due in the event that BOCES cancels a class or if a student does not begin program. When refunds are due they are processed automatically. Payments originally made by credit card will be refunded directly back to the card. For cash and check payments, refunds are issued by check. Please allow 30 days to process.
Refund amounts are based on the following conditions:
- If any course is canceled by BOCES, all tuition and fees collected will be refunded.
- If you notify us that you will not be taking a course in a timeframe that is:
- Before the registration due date: Full refund. Registration due dates occur seven days before course start dates.
- After the registration due date but before 24 hours before the first class meeting: Credit will be given toward another course taken in one year. A $10 fee may be deducted from any given refund, transfer, or course credit.
- After the start of class: No refund or course credit will be given. A decision to run the course was made based on the payment and cannot be refunded after the course start.
Registration Deadlines and Minimum Enrollment
Please register early. The registration deadline for Ulster BOCES Adult Education Continuing Education courses is seven days before the related course starts. Since instructional costs are paid for exclusively through tuition and materials fees assessed at registration, timely registration is critical to determining whether or not a course will run. A minimum number of registrants must be reached, which is determined one week in advance of the start of class. Registrants are notified by phone when a course is canceled. Also, if you register late, you may not be listed on the course roster and may not get a call in the event a course is canceled.
- Eligibility for some courses may be limited to students 22 years and older.
- Ulster BOCES is not responsible for typographical or scheduling errors.
- Ulster BOCES reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule classes for any reason.