Behavior Intervention Specialist
The Behavior Intervention Specialist works with students at the Ulster BOCES Career & Technical Center to ensure success in all aspects of their education at the school. It is the responsibility of the specialist to ensure that each student has a safe, friendly, secure environment in which he/she can learn. Students will be assured that they are truly welcomed, appreciated, and needed.
The Guidance Office at the Career & Technical Center is committed to helping each student be successful while at school, as well as in his/her future endeavors. A variety of services are offered. These include:
- Identifying problems that demand individual assistance.
- Coordination of services between the Career & Technical Center and home schools.
- Maintaining student records.
In addition, the Guidance Office works closely with Career & Technical Center teachers to help students with post-secondary planning. Some of the activities include:
- Conducting college visits to schools where a continuation of Career & Technical Center classes are offered.
- General assistance regarding any issues that students may have that may impact their ability to attend college.
- Working closely with home school counselors to offer assistance to students.