Six-Hour Certification Training
Blended Training: Harassment, Bullying, Cyberbullying, and Discrimination in Schools: Prevention and Intervention
About the Training
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Dignity for All Students Act requires that all students applying for certification as of December 31, 2013, have 6 hours of coursework or training on the social patterns of harassment, bullying, and discrimination.
This is a two-part blended learning training which is comprised of a total of six instructional hours; three hours to be completed online and three hours to be completed in a face to face, in-person training.
Ulster BOCES is an approved provider of this training. The cost is $100.
when & Where:
All in-person classes are held in the Career & Technical Center at Ulster BOCES in Port Ewen, NY unless otherwise stated.
Upcoming in-person classes:
November 5 (Ellenville)
January 14 (Ellenville)
March 24 (Ellenville)
How to Register
- Follow this link to the Ulster BOCES Adult Learning Registration page.
- Type the word "dignity" into the Keyword search box and press the Search Button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the search results for the list of Search Courses.
- Click on the class for the date you wish to attend.
- Click on the Registration/Sign In Now button at the right corner to register and pay for the training.
- Complete the three-hour online portion of the training (A link is included in your registration confirmation e-mail with the subject of, “Ulster Adult Career Education Center Registration Notification.”)
- NOTE: You must Complete the three-hour on-line portion of the training at least three days prior to the in-person portion of the course.
- Attend and complete the three-hour in-person training session on the date selected during registration.
- Receive a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the in-person training session.