Six-Hour Certification Training
Blended Training: Harassment, Bullying, Cyberbullying, and Discrimination in Schools: Prevention and Intervention
About the Training
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Dignity for All Students Act requires that all students applying for certification as of December 31, 2013, have 6 hours of coursework or training on the social patterns of harassment, bullying, and discrimination.
This is a two-part blended learning training which is comprised of a total of six instructional hours; three hours to be completed online and three hours to be completed in a face to face, in-person training.
During the State of Emergency related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the New York State Education Department is allowing the 6-hour DASA Certification Course to be completed online. Any DASA Certification Courses that are scheduled during the State of Emergency will be conducted by Ulster BOCES via the 3-hour electronic portion along with 3 hours of distance learning.
Ulster BOCES is an approved provider of this training. The cost is $100.
when & Where:
Upcoming distance learning classes will be held on the following dates:
July 7 from 3-6 PM
August 11 from 3-6 PM
September 1 from 3-6 PM
September 10 from 3-6
How to Register
- Follow this link to the Ulster BOCES Adult Learning Registration page.
- Type the word "dignity" into the Keyword search box and press the Search Button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the search results for the list of Search Courses.
- Click on the class for the date you wish to attend.
- Click on the Registration/Sign In Now button at the right corner to register and pay for the training.
- Complete the three-hour online portion of the training (A link is included in your registration confirmation e-mail with the subject of, “Ulster Adult Career Education Center Registration Notification.”)
- NOTE: You must Complete the three-hour on-line portion of the training at least three days prior to the in-person portion of the course.
- Attend and complete the three-hour in-person training session on the date selected during registration.
- Receive a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the in-person training session.